2 hours North West of Valencia is the potential UNESCO site of the medieval walled village, Albarracin, a beautiful, quaint and peaceful visit. Albarracin, voted one of the prettiest towns in Spain, is home to a world renown set of walls still surrounding the city on it hilltop. Albrarracin is also known for its School of Art Restoration, as it has plenty of medieval gems to discover here that have to be kept up. This private tour with private vehicle just for you and your party will take you into what we call ‘old Spain’, an interior region close to the Valencian State but part of Aragon with a very different cuisine, culture and even language.
On the way there, we stop in the small provincial capital of Teruel to see its cliff-top views, wander the medieval streets and see the famed ‘Mausoleum of the Lovers’, dedicated to the real life story of Spain’s Romeo and Juliet from the 13th century and attached to a unique Mudejar style church. In Albarracin, we climb up to this protected town to visit its ruins of a Moorish castle and several other sites of cultural interest and then you will have free-time to hike the walls or wander the streets for pictures, exploration and lunch on your own.
Duration: 8-9 hours
Meeting Point: Port, train or your lodging
This private tour includes our own private transport for you and your party and your private guide will pick you up in Valencia.
This tour has some walking uphill. We aim to get you as close to the top of Albarracin but as it is hoping to be a UNESCO World Heritage Site, traffic is limited.
- 4 people or fewer – Mercedes Class B (similar to a small SUV).
- 4-6 people – Chrysler Grand Voyager with tinted windows, leather seats, and electric doors.
- 7+ people – Private coach with a driver, in addition to your guide.
IMPORTANT NOTE (for groups of 6): In my larger touring car, the middle two seats are spacious and comfortable, and the back seat is a three-person bench seat that might be a tight squeeze for some. Before I can confirm a booking for six people with this vehicle, I will need confirmation that you understand this arrangement before I accept the booking. If you prefer, I would be happy to arrange a private coach and driver in addition to your guide. Please let me know that this is your preference when you submit your pre-booking form.
- Private tour for you and your party alone
- Private passionate, friendly and knowledgeable private guide in language of your choice
- Private air conditioned transportation, including all driving expenses (parking costs, fuel, etc.)
- Customizable Tour
- Entrances to Tomb of the Lovers
- Entrances to Mudejar style church tower and visit
- Potential second tower visit or medieval walls, depending on time
- Tour of both Albarracin and Teruel towns
- Additional museum or monument entrances
- Food and beverages
- Gratuity (non-obligatory)
*Please note that while every full day tour includes time for lunch, the price of lunch is not included in the price of the tour, as it will need to be paid directly to the restaurant on the day. We would be delighted to organize lunch for you at a local restaurant within your preferred budget. Your guide usually joins you at lunch to assist you with translating and ordering traditional and tasty choices but you can also opt to meet your guide after your meal has finished.